With the restoration of the mill pond upstream of Ebridge Mill came the opportunity for boats of all shapes and sizes to take to the water, including those of the miniature kind. Since 2015, the Ebridge Model Boat Club has formed, an informal group that can be found on Facebook, where information and advice is exchanged and model boat enthusiasts can convene.
The Ebridge Model Boat Club often meets in some form on Saturdays and Sundays at Ebridge Mill. There is a grassy space where it is possible to park next to Ebridge Mill Lock (nearest postcode: NR28 9QG). Then cross the footbridge over the lock and there is a wooden stage and a bench where model boats can easily be launched. Gatherings are informal and weather dependent. The Ebridge Model Boat Club Facebook page is the best place to find the latest information.
- The Model Yachting Association (MYA) is the UK’s national body for model yachting.
- The Model Power Boat Association (MPBA) is the UK’s national body for model power boating, including speed competitions and scale model boating.
- The Surface Warship Association promotes the hobby of scale model warships.
- The Model Power Boat Racing website has information on European power boat racing events and competitions.
- The UK RC Laser Association is the official organising body of the RC Laser yacht class in the UK.
The North Walsham and Dilham Canal Trust have done their utmost to provide reliable information on this page, however, all members of the public access the canal at their own risk.