Work Party information and archived reports page.
The next work party will be on:
|Date:||Sunday 29th May 2022|
|Meeting location point:||The Workshop, Bacton Wood Lock, Spa Common. NR28 9AJ|
|Work location:||Royston Bridge|
|Objective:||To erect posts and metal gates supplied by land owner. Install a new bench, if time allows.|
If you wish to attend please send the Work Party Co-Ordinator an email using the form on our ‘Contact Us’ page
We prefer you to not just turn up as ‘safety gear’ needs to be arranged for all volunteers.
2022 Work Party dates:
12th June – 26th June – 10th July – 24th July – 7th August
(13th & 14th August our Information W/E at Ebridge)
these dates may be subject to change.
The Trust welcomes new volunteers to help in all areas of work including:
the maintenance of canal banks – grass seed sowing – tree and shrub cutting – maintenance and repair of canal structures – trust mechanical equipment
Please follow requests from our volunteers who will only ask you to move if you or your property are at risk.
Work Party reports for 2022
- 2022 05 15 – Above Bacton Wood Lock – to clear saplings and gorse.
- 2022 05 01 – Ebridge move QR donation box. Bacton Wood Lock remove dilapidated structures and mow canal bank
- 2022 04 10 – Royston Bridge & Purdy’s Marsh – clearing brash – PLUS finding part of Royston Bridge original wing wall
- 2022 03 13 – “Laurie’s Way” – clearing saplings and brash from the canal bank and path
- 2022 02 27 – “Laurie’s Way” – clearing brash and overhanging saplings and lifting the pontoon from Ebridge lock
- 2022 02 13 – Ebridge Island. Fit stairs securely. Lock paddle mechanism fitted. Brash cleared
- 2022 01 30 – Install “Laurie’s Way” signposts between Royston Bridge and Ebridge. General tidying of brash along banks and soke
- 2022 01 16 – “Sue B” clean. Ebridge stop-boards removed. Swimmers access. Canal bank maintenance
Who do I contact if I'm interested in volunteering at work parties?
If you’re interested in joining our work parties and wish to get ‘stuck-in’, or even if you have any machinery and building experience, we’re always looking for more volunteers. Please email our work party co-ordinator using the ‘Contact Us’ page
Where are the work party locations?
For our work party locations and a map please click HERE
Work Party reports for 2021
- 2021 09 26 – Clear Honing Staithe canal walk and parts of Honing Staithe
- 2021 09 12 – Below Ebridge clearing brash. Mowing West Bank. Electrics check to Weasel
- 2021 05 23 – Remove mud from Ebridge Lock and tidy area (grass cutting)
- 2021 05 10 – Ebridge Lock – Remove pontoon from lock and clear area
- 2021 04 20 – Ebridge Lock gates maintenance and clean
- 2021 04 15 – Bacton Wood Lock – maintenance of balance beam
Work party reports for 2020
Work party reports for 2019
Work party reports for 2018
Work party reports for 2017
Work party reports for 2016
Work party reports for 2015
Work party reports for 2014
Work party reports for 2013
NW&DC Trust in association with the East Anglian Waterways Association, work party reports from 2013 and earlier
The East Anglian Waterways Association managed the NW&DC work parties from 2008 up to 2013. Many reports include photographs which now make for an amazing archive
Click on the images, scroll down the EAWA reports page to read the individual work party reports